Chinese cooks on steamer ships, Javanese labourers in Malayan plantations, off-duty soldiers, the Tiffin lunches of the British Raj, Portuguese traders and Thai merchants; all conspired and inspired to create vibrant fusion food, the riotous mix and match becoming flavours of home for Singaporeans of today. Explore and taste your way through the stories and spices to get a better understanding of some of our favourite dishes!
- Eat your way through history, hearing the stories of this small port in the crossroads of Asia unfold.
- Discover how recipes and traditions brought from all over the world were mixed and matched in Singapore, becoming unique adaptations!
- Meet Hawkers with a Story!
- Explore and smell some of the best original spice mixes that hark back to the days of yesteryear.
- Enjoy a refreshing themed drink and dessert in a cafe.
- This is a private tour bookable for 1-5 guests
- Meeting Point: Chinatown Visitor's Centre (near Buddha Tooth Relic Temple)
- Ending Point: URA Centre (nearest MRT - Tanjong Pagar)
- Time: 10:00 - 13:00
- Days: Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
- English-speaking guide
- Audio-guide system and ear-sets. Please feel free to bring your own earphones.
- Lunch through many Food tastings
- Themed snacks and refreshments at the final stop
- Beverages during the tour are not included, please bring your own water bottle.
- Please book this tour at least 2 days in advance.
- Please come on the tour with an empty stomach, there will be many food tastings.
- Please also inform us in advance if you have any dietary requirements or allergies so that we are able to make the necessary arrangements.
- Please bring your umbrella and your own water bottle.
- Please bring your mobile phone, SafeEntry / TraceTogether App or Token.
Terms & Conditions:
- Voucher is valid for the selected date.
- Non-Refundable and no cancellation.
- The activity is operational in all weather conditions.
The advice to come with an empty stomach has never been so relevant and apt. Even starving the night before couldn't prepare me for the gastronomical onslaught (and im a big eater). Food is really good and varied, our guide Jackie is knowledgeable and takes care of us very well. Content is relevant and educational, and this makes a Uniquely Singapore experience. Strongly recommend for foodies! Bagus!