Against the tide of centuries of patriarchy, flying in the face of tradition that kept them bound to home and husband, who were these brave women? What were their lives like? And how have they helped to empower today’s young women, finding independence and financial freedom.
From the intricacies of their combing-ceremony to enter celibacy, with its parallels to marriage ceremonies, their sisterhoods and secrets, sacrifices and daring, discover new Persp8ctives with 8th Wave.
- Meeting Point: Outram Park MRT Exit H, outside Dorsett Residences
- Ending Point: URA Centre (nearest MRT - Tanjong Pagar)
- Time: 10:00 - 13:00
- Days: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
- English-speaking guide
Audio-guide system and ear-sets. Please feel free to bring your own earphones.
Themed snacks and refreshments, including a mini tiffin at the end.
- Please book your tours two days in advance.
- As we will visit a temple, please dress accordingly.
- Please bring your umbrella and bring your own water bottle.
- There will be some stairs in the tour route.
- Please inform us in advance if you have any dietary requirements or allergies.
- Please bring your mobile phone, SafeEntry / TraceTogether App or Token
Terms & Conditions:
- Voucher is valid for the selected date.
- Non-Refundable and no cancellation.
- In the case that the tour does not hit the minimum number required to run the tour (5 pax), you will be notified 24h in advance to reschedule a date.
- The activity is operational in all weather conditions except during heavy storms. In the case of cancellation, you will be given an option to book an alternative date or request for a full refund
I was attracted to the interesting title of this tour but didn’t expect much since this was paid by SingapoRediscovers Vouchers but was I surprised. The tour is delightful, insightful and surprisingly heartwarming. Not only is the content well-researched, I really enjoy the personable way Patrick leads the tour, his affability and attention to details, not to mention the rare and interesting anecdotes he shares. The tour is a great way to spend a Saturday morning and I’m definitely planning to join more Pers8actives tours!
Patrick, our guide, was excellent in his delivery and knowledgeable on the topic. There were several thought-provoking points raised as we toured the Chinatown area hearing the stories of these pioneers. Truly an insightful and highly recommended experience!
Wonderful energy! Loved the little coffee session at the end!
Patrick was a great guide! At first, I was a little concerned whether I’d appreciate the content because I’m not exactly a history buff, but Patrick was a great storyteller and somehow made the topic a lot less intimidating. We can feel his genuine passion and affinity towards the subject which gave the tour a human touch.
I did the OG Female Badass Tour a few weeks back and it was such an insightful walk through the Keong Saik/Chinatown area. I lived and worked in this neighborhood for over a year and didn't expect to learn anything new, but there are so many fascinating stories and secrets hiding beneath the surface, and small pockets of art and culture that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise. I look forward to taking my family and overseas friends on this tour (or other Persp8ctives tours) once international tourism becomes a thing again!