The ultimate experience for foodies, who want to rediscover forgotten heritage produce and vanishing cooking techniques, to both give insight into the past and how they can be brought forward into today's cooking and recipes! Find out how to use an old-school charcoal burner, and its modern counterparts, and get hands-on practice with traditional slow cooking techniques from Mrs C Lim. Finally sit down for a delicious meal to sample some Slow Food, in her private Katong home.
- Explore and learn about traditional heritage ingredients together with your Katong private chef.
- Get hands-on introduction to some slow cooking techniques, and why they differ from today's methods
- Get inspiration from the Slow-cooking methods of charcoal and simmering, pounding and grinding, to bring out fragrance and flavours.
- Enjoy the fruit of your efforts with a delicious Dinner at Mrs C Lim's private Katong residence.
- Receive a recipe booklet to bring home.
- Katong Private Residence. Address will be sent to confirmed participants
- Group size: 5 - 8 persons
- Weekdays: Saturdays, except Public Holidays
- Activity Time: 17:30 - 21:00
- Duration 3.5 hrs
- What to wear: Smart casual
- English-speaking guide
- Aprons and equipment
- Hands on Cooking and ingredient demonstrations
- Private dinner with Chinese tea
- Please book your activity at least two days in advance.
- Please advise us of any dietary requirements at your time of booking
Terms & Conditions:
- Voucher is valid for the selected date.
- Non-Refundable and no cancellation.
- In the case that the tour does not hit the minimum number required to run the tour (5 pax), you will be notified 24h in advance to reschedule a date.
- The activity is operational in all weather conditions.